The revisions let you track differences between multiple versions of a post.
Over the last year, we’ve build a global community of mappers who are engaged in civic issues with low-cost mapping tools like balloons, kites, and remote-control airplanes.
We're helping citizens on the Gulf Coast use balloons and kites to produce their own aerial imagery of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill… documentation that will be essential for environmental and legal use in coming yeas.We believe in complete open access to spill imagery and are releasing all imagery from the oil spill mapping project into the public domain. Download the data for this project at http://grassrootsmapping.org/data
Learn more at http://grassrootsmapping.org/
- Grassroots Mapping mailing list - a great place to find advice, support, and to share experiences
- The Illustrated Guide to Grassroots Mapping
- Materials List - everything you need & links to buy online
- The Cartagen Knitter, for stitching your photos into maps online
- Infrared Balloon Mapping - Balloon mapping with a modified camera which takes infrared pictures. Good for identifying vegetation and its health.