Bayou Safe Bay. Oil Spill?
Order a print of this map.
WHILE FLYING OVER BAYOU SAFE BAY NEAR WAX LAKE PASS I SAW A DARK RIBBON OF FLOATING LIQUID OFF THE SHORE AT APPROX 29.5871915511 N, 91.5719032288 W. Google Map link 29° 35' 14" N, 91° 34' 19" W ~37 km WSW of Morgan City Photo taken at 11:00 AM on Saturday January 19 2013 Also see nearby SkyTruth report from 9 days earlier.
Need help making a map?
Do you have a site in mind which you'd like to map? Looking for collaborators or just need some tips and advice?
- Join the mailing list -- it's full of people all over the world who are offer advice and support
- Contact Public Laboratory staff directly
- Read about balloon mapping and assemble your own kit
- Download the 5-page illustrated guide to balloon and kite mapping
When getting in touch, be sure to mention:
- the coordinates of the site
- context; what you'd like to use the data for
How to use this data
How can you leverage this data towards concrete outcomes? ...
- Publishing this data on your site, in an article or a paper
- Interpreting and annotating
- Advocacy and activism
- Legal framework