Occupy Oakland 10AM
Order a print of this map.
In mapping this march we tried to start in the back and move quickly through the procession, making our way to the front and beyond in order to image the whole thing.
It was a mixture of shadows and very bright sunlight, so I attempted to set the exposure in between because the camera uses the initial exposure point throughout continuous drive shooting mode.
Need help making a map?
Do you have a site in mind which you'd like to map? Looking for collaborators or just need some tips and advice?
- Join the mailing list -- it's full of people all over the world who are offer advice and support
- Contact Public Laboratory staff directly
- Read about balloon mapping and assemble your own kit
- Download the 5-page illustrated guide to balloon and kite mapping
When getting in touch, be sure to mention:
- the coordinates of the site
- context; what you'd like to use the data for
How to use this data
How can you leverage this data towards concrete outcomes? ...
- Publishing this data on your site, in an article or a paper
- Interpreting and annotating
- Advocacy and activism
- Legal framework